Guarantee is a written undertaking by the Bank (Guarantor) on the application of another person (Principal) to pay to the creditor of the Principal (Beneficiary) in accordance with the terms of the obligation undertaken by the Guarantor, upon presentation by the Beneficiary of a written request for such payment.
Guarantees provided by the Bank are divided into the following types:
- guarantee for deferral of payment of customs duties;
- guarantee of payment;
- advance payment guarantee;
- guarantee of the risk of non-repayment of credit received in another bank;
- guarantee of security of the tender application for the tender offer;
- guarantee of performance of the contract/agreement.
Main conditions for granting the bank guarantee:
- The amount of guarantee depends on the financial condition of the potential Client, the volume of its business, taking into account the restrictions for banks established by the legislation of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
- Period of guarantee depends on the type of guarantee;
- Guarantee service fee – from 6% of the amount of guarantee;
- One-time commission fee - commission for consideration of the guarantee, amounting 0.5% of the total amount of the guarantee.
- Currency of credit - national and foreign currency;
- Terms of payment of the commission - one-time commission before issuing a bank guarantee;
- Security of the credit may include the pledge of property, including personal and belonging to the third parties’ (legal entities or individuals), as well as real estate, vehicles, deposits in both national and foreign currencies, special equipment, and other liquid assets.
The security may be combined. The security is accepted for a total of 125% of the credit amount using a discount. The amount of discount depends on the type of property, its value and the guaranty period.
To obtain the guarantee, the Principal shall meet the following requirements:
- Have the status of resident of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
- Availability of a functioning profitable business;
- Availability of main deposit account on demand in JSCB “Kapitalbank”;
- Place of registration and business in the operations area of the JSCB “Kapitalbank”;
- Positive credit history;
- The term of work and official registration of business at least 6 months is desirable;
- The guarantee may not be provided to the enterprises operating at a loss or having an illiquid balance sheet.