Leasing is a special type of financial rent in which one party (the Lessor) on the instruction of the other party (the Lessee) acquires a property (the object of leasing) from the third party (the Seller) for ownership and provides it to the Lessee for a fee under the terms specified in the agreement for possession and use for a period of more than twelve months.
Objects of leasing include any non-consumable things used for entrepreneurial activities, including companies, production facilities, property complexes, buildings, structures, equipment, vehicles, other movable and immovable property.
Forms of leasing: direct form, in which all three subjects of leasing are present, and return form, in which one person acts as the Lessee and the Seller.
The main conditions for the provision of leasing:
- Amount of leasing - depends on the financial condition of the potential Lessee, the volume of its business and the source of repayment of leasing, taking into account the restrictions for banks established by the legislation of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
- Currency of leasing is UZS;
- Term of leasing – at least 80% of the service life of the object of leasing. However, the service life of the object of leasing shall be calculated on the basis of depreciation rates for fixed assets established in part 3 of Article 144 of the Tax Code of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
- Share of the Lessee’s own participation - from 25% and depends on the object of leasing.
- Interest rate - depending on the term of leasing;
- Management fee - at least five percent (5%) of the amount of leasing, minimum UZS 500,000.00 (five hundred thousand Uzbek soum);
- Leasing organization fee shall be paid amounting at least 50% of the refinancing rate of the Central Bank of Uzbekistan from the amount actually paid by the Bank to the Seller of the object of leasing, from the date of these payments until the date of signing the certificate of transfer and acceptance of the object of leasing;
- Repayment of interest on leasing – monthly.
- Repayment of the principal debt on leasing - on the day of signing the Transfer and Acceptance Certificate - at least twenty five percent (25%) of the total amount of lease obligations, the remaining part of the leasing obligation shall be repaid by equal monthly installments, starting no later than from the sixth month from the date of signing the Transfer and Acceptance Certificate of the object of leasing;
- Security for leasing - the object of leasing, as well as real estate, vehicles, deposits in foreign and local currency, special equipment, and other liquid assets.
Main requirements for a potential Lessee:
- Business entities (legal entities and individual entrepreneurs) registered in accordance with the procedure established by the legislation of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
- Availability of a functioning profitable business;
- Availability of main deposit account on demand in JSCB “Kapitalbank”;
- Place of registration and business in the operations area of the JSCB “Kapitalbank”;
- Positive credit history;
- The term of work and official registration of business at least 6 months is desirable;
- Availability of appropriate permits and licenses for the present activities, if appropriate (in the event that the activities of the Client are subject to licensing (freight forward and other services);
- The credit may not be provided to the enterprises operating at a loss or having an illiquid balance sheet.